Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quasimodo geniti infantes

Quasimodo geniti infantes, alleluia: rationabiles, sine dolo lac concupiscite, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia.
--Introit of the Second Sunday of Easter

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.
--1 Peter 2:2




Eight days after Thine arising, O Lord,
Thou didst appear unto Thy disciples
in the place where they were gathered,
and Thou didst cry unto them:
Peace be unto you.
And Thou didst show Thy hands
and immaculate side
unto the doubting disciple.
Wherefore, convinced, he cried unto Thee:
O my Lord and my God,
glory be to Thee.

"Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

I remember the brethren of JN1034 telling me that the power to bind and loose was really given for loosing, not binding. I suppose a parallel might be that we are made to love and be loved but are free to do otherwise. The "otherwise," a vital part of our freedom, is not what we are made for, however.

Because I have seen it in real lives I know that we have the power to set people free, and this is not the exclusive property of clergy.

Whom will I set free this week?

--the BB

5 comments:

it's margaret said...

me?

Raven~ said...

Paul

I think it's one of those Mysteries best comprehended through experience; hard to fathom otherwise. Having been on both ends of that tug-o'-war, I know that entanglement may be (ultimately) illusory, but it feels like Hell when you're in it.

Amen, dear friend, let us loosen the bonds, and pray that we may embrace our own release.

Let us call "brother," even them that hate us ...

Raven~

Paul said...

Margaret, come forth!

For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
--Galatians 5.1

If our sins have been nailed to the cross, let's leave them there.

You, my dear, and all of us are a new creation.

"Whilst the tomb was sealed, Thou, O Life, didst shine forth from the grave, O Christ God; and whilst the doors were shut, Thou didst come unto Thy disciples, O Resurrection of all, renewing through them an upright Spirit in us according to Thy great mercy.
--Dismissal Hymn, Sunday of Thomas

it's margaret said...

Yes. This I believe.

wv: mereask.

me re-ask everything every now and then.

it's margaret said...

PS --now I'm crying! (Thank you!)

oh geeez; my wv this time is: purealit

yeppa