Friday, January 14, 2011

Schnozz update


Granted, I was not smiling in this photo though I am smiling now. It IS a post-surgery photo and one cannot tell anything was done to my nose. Well, I should hope not. It was repair of a deviated septum, not a "nose job."

This morning the surgeon removed the stents on either side of my septum and I can now truly breathe freely. Woohoo! I can, mostly, return to normal life (well as near to normal as I ever get). I can bend over, lift heavy weights, and do all the other things I was supposed to shun for the past two weeks. I am going to the gym and pumping iron today. Yay!

There is some follow-up care and it is easy. I see the doc in a couple of weeks to check up on how it is doing. Things look good at this point. The goal is to have everything clean going forward so he will not have to do any follow-up surgery.

I want to thank everyone for all the love and prayers that have come my way through this. Compared to the ills others go through, this was chump change but I am grateful to have had friends all along the way.

Deo gratias!

--the BB

13 comments:

susankay said...

So glad that all goes well.

Fran said...

Delighted to hear of your recovery. Keep getting better every day!!!

it's margaret said...

What a beautiful shnoz! Inside and out now!

Love to you.

wv: hooto
I'm trying to think of something with shnoz and hooto --but I better stop there!

Cathy said...

Wot Margaret and Fran and Susankay said.

June Butler said...

Your nose is just as beautiful as it always was, Paul. Keep it clean, now.

Paul said...

Mimi, you have such high expectations.

June Butler said...

I know. I'm quite demanding of my friends. :-)

Paul said...

Your friends are such rowdies, someone has to keep them in line.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

All love!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're beautiful.

I have nose wood.

PS, Keep on getting better, you deserve to be the best!

Paul said...

LMAO, Ralph.

My suspicion is confirmed. Bill looked closely at my face today. The bridge of my nose is almost imperceptibly larger. I can tell my glasses do not sit quite as they used to do.

Healing progresses apace.

Thanks all.

BooCat said...

It is good to see your happy face and to know you are doing well. Give it a few weeks and the bridge will probably go right back into place.

Ellie Finlay said...

"Mimi, you have such high expectations."

I truly laughed out loud!

(Paul you look adorable, yes you do!)