Monday, October 03, 2011

The ongoing pizza festival of 2011

Saturday night I made a couple more pizzas that a friend and I enjoyed with some old vine zinfandel.

Here is one of them before baking.



I went for a "Greek" theme: wilted spinach, sauteed mushrooms, grape tomatoes, feta cheese (along with the usual tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano, a sprinkling of basil, and a drizzle of olive oil). Here are the remnants of the second pizza.


So far my favorites are (1) sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions and (2) pepperoni.

I came home from work tonight thinking I might bake bread. I had picked up some items at the store. Watered the garden. Sat in my rocking chair (actually it is a "glider") with some cookbooks, reading about ciabatta and other Italian breads. I fell asleep in the chair for a bit of a nap and decided I did not have the energy for bread tonight. I did, however cook some chicken and herb tortellini (from the store) and sent them swimming in vodka sauce that my neighbor had made. Yum.

I cannot stop thinking about food these days.

--the BB

2 comments:

it's margaret said...

I'd go for the pepperoni --been on a real pepperoni kick recently --sandwiches of pepperoni and nine grain bread and raw spinach! I like your pizza idea too. THANKS!

wv: extri --it's margaret asked for extri pepperoni please!

Paul said...

I would so love to make pizza for y'all. With extri pepperoni for sure!