Friday, August 10, 2007

Yes, I've succumbed to another one

This time it's the university quiz. I took it three times. Is that cheating? Maybe, but when the results make no sense....

However, I was actually accepted at the following institution of learning and have, in my day, known a few "seedy Reedies" as we called them. Nonetheless, I have never been a suicide risk, though I have been depressed. After decades of avoiding politics I have become political again, I reject many societal (read "bourgeois Protestant") values, and I am a proud child of the 60s. Never did LSD, never dropped out of society, never lived in a commune--but I have inhaled, I have twice dropped out of graduate studies, I had a bumper sticker that read "America: change it or lose it," I protested the Vietnam War, and I did live in West Hollywood in the 70s.

I wonder what I might have become had I chosen to attend there.




You're Reed College!

With intense emotions and an unstable lifestyle, you are
often seen as depressed by those around you. Many even consider you quite
a suicide risk, and statistically this is probably true. You do manage to
have fun, however, and are willing to try nearly anything once. Quite
political and thoughtful, you've decided to discard most values that society
would have you adopt, in favor of living the 1960's dream. You refuse to
accept others' judgments of you.



Take the University Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I also wonder what answers I would have had to give to come out with my alma mater, Pomona College (class of '68--Amon Ra!).
--the BB

No comments: