Thursday, October 11, 2007

My heart looks for you at all times

E-mail on Wednesday, June 19, 2002

My heart looks for you at all times
My ears listen for you
My eyes seek your face
I feel like an ancient psalmist
yearning for God
We are steps on the journey
into life that has no end
love that never dies
Together we roam a path
unaware how vast and glorious
our destination
deep
deep
deeper than fears
deeper than desire
deeper than dreams
rooted beyond knowing
blossom outside all belief
fruit rich
delicious
nourishing
abiding
laughter waits
and tears of joy
at journey’s end
This step we take
hands linked
hearts freebound with all things
wondering, wandering
tasting hints, dying daily
ever newborn
My joy, we are more than stardust
we are God’s glory
shining in the eyes of all
creation

Well, that just sprang up while I was listening to music here in the church office. I guess it is today’s love poem, or prayer, or meditation. I give it to you, smiling, seeing your face before my mind’s eye. Come to me soon.

===============
(c) PES

Since we are on the theme of divine love (and human as well), here is one more.
--the BB

No comments: