Sunday, January 03, 2010

Hugs for everybody!


The tree is lit, carols are playing, and a huge pan of curry is simmering on the stove.

I did not finish my garage project but I did accomplish half of it. I got the yard watered. Tried to do that New Year's morning and the water was frozen in the hose, but this afternoon after church it was just fine. I see lots of buds on the trees, some on the roses. One load of laundry yesterday (freshly ironed linens for church) and one load today. Have spent very nice time with friends over the weekend.

The year begins well. So far, at least.

A huge cyberhug to all.

I love the collect for the Second Sunday after Christmas:
O God, who wonderfully created, and yet more wonderfully restored, the dignity of human nature: Grant that we may share the divine life of him who humbled himself to share our humanity, your Son Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

--the BB

7 comments:

June Butler said...

Hugs back to you, Paul.

The words of the collect are lovely, indeed.

susan s. said...

I take your hug and raise you two!

David@Montreal said...

One great hug right back at you, sweet brother!

Water the roses? We've had 25 cm of snow in the past 24 hours! My garden sleeps, with the much anticipated promise of Spring allowing us to enjoy boh the play and effort of shovelling out.

The sheer poetry of these waist high banks of white will soon also nurture the new growth of another season is never far from our mind.

Paul said...

Watering roses, vines, and fruit trees alike. This is desert country and snow, when I get it, is usually never more than an inch deep and melted the next day or so. Have to keep my roots alive.

The Cunning Runt said...

Ah, the famous Christmas Curry!

;)

It's good to hear of someone doing all twelve days of Christmas, rather that the typical American ONE day, sandwiched in between Last Minute Shopping and the ubiquitous White Sales!

Diane M. Roth said...

I love this collect too!

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Love!