Friday, April 16, 2010

Le Weekend


There are appetizers to prepare for a potluck tomorrow and a sermon to preach Sunday morning.

Other than that, I have set myself up for yard work. I can hear that it has just begun to rain outside. I hope the skies get that out of their system before tomorrow morning. I have rosebushes, sweet William, miniature carnations, petunias, snapdragons, and alyssum to plant. If I can accomplish most of that tomorrow the odds are good that there may be some daylilies and other items as well.



Христос Воскресе!

--the BB

4 comments:

it's margaret said...

We planted some Sweet William because Joel longed for the fragrance he remembered wafting under his window.... but the Sweet William we purchased has these unusual hard flowers with, alas, no fragrance at all... Will you take a picture of your SW --please? I would love to compare.

blessings upon you, the new Adam in your garden...

my wv: vinglob
the vinglob came after he planted and named them all... and he drank it all.

Paul said...

I have not thought of Sweet William in terms of fragrance. Will have to check. I did think it might look nice at the foot of the rose bushes, so will give it a shot. You can count on photos, sweetie!

Thanks for the allusion. I had not thought of that either but I am being recreated in the process of gardening.

May the fragrance of Resurrection surround you and your family and flood the senses of all who experience your witness to Christ in our midst.

The Cunning Runt said...

Unbelievable! Lilacs, roses - you're SO far ahead of us here in The Berkshires. Friday morning I drove to work through snow, and since then it's been showering and blustery.

Still, I hope to start thatching the dooryard flowerbeds tomorrow, God willing and the creek don't rise...

Paul said...

I am a total weather wimp. Pondered before moving from coastal California to New Mexico. I was accustomed to everything breaking into bloom by late January in the East Bay. (I know, spoiled beyond all telling.)

May the creek stay in its place and your transition to spring begin.

Loved your flower photos this week. Delicious!