Saturday, June 05, 2010

Flowers of the day



I hope you have enjoyed a good Shabbat. In any case, may these penstemon give you a lift.

This weekend the peak temperatures are at or just above 100 degrees (F.). I panicked this morning. I did not water the garden last night because I counted on doing it this morning. I usually am up by 7:30 on Saturday mornings. Today I slept until almost 9 a.m. My nephew and godson's high school graduation was slated for 10. I barely had time to shave, shower, dress, and get there. No watering. When I got home midafternoon I watered the plants, even though it is the worst time of day to do so. I did not dare let them wait any longer. I have lost some plants this week but with as many as I have planted one must count on some losses. "Failure to thrive" is a term one might apply to all living things. All in all, not too many losses at this point.

After 7 p.m. I ventured forth with the camera and took almost four dozen photos. These were among them.

--the BB

3 comments:

June Butler said...

Once again I envy you your wonderful camera, Paul. We have flowers, but I cannot take pictures like yours.

Today was hot here, too, but along with the heat, is the humidity that you dislike so much.

(break)

I stopped to check the temperature, which is only just over 82°, which is not that hot at this time of the year, but the humidity is at 91%. No wonder it feels hot.

Paul said...

Right now it is a cool 86 degrees. Humidity 16%. Coming from the land of lizard skin I certainly noticed that I never needed hand lotion in NOLA. It is a big seller here.

The camera was a rather large, self-indulgent investment last year, but one I do not regret.

I have serious camera envy of The Cunning Runt, let me tell you.

Hugs to you, dear Mimi. I will post a flower on FB in a few moments also.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

How beautiful!