Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Feeling summery


I indulged in retail therapy between work and Italian class tonight. Eddie Bauer (more summer shirts on sale) and Williams Sonoma (my 8-inch skillet had died and needed replacing... oh, and there were some pretty linens on sale). Had ice cream tonight and right now I feel very mellow.

Now, the hiking and lugging and digging of the weekend did not have my body feeling mellow at work today. Quite a collection of joints and muscles were announcing that I had been using them over the past few days. But that is a good thing and they will be the better for it.

Right now, however, it is bedtime.

Sweet dreams, my oscillating ocelots!

--the BB

3 comments:

Ellie Finlay said...

I love the photo, Paul.

AND, I'm glad the retail therapy kicked in for you!

Paul said...

Thanks, Ellie. I used the new skillet last night and am wearing one of my new shirts right now. My extravagant life-style is mostly being a shirtaholic and gardening these days. I used to be a bookaholic but since there are not enough shelves in my huge house for all the books that has been sharply curtailed. (I also don't have the now-defunct GTU Bookstore in driving distance - now THAT was a source of temptation.

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Love the flowers...