Monday, July 05, 2010

Fresh air

How nice to have a Monday off. Today's outing was into the Jemez Mountains and a little hike to Jemez Falls and back. Just enough to get fresh air and some exercise, wear out aging knees, and enjoy the beauty of nature.

As soon as we got out of the car the smell of evergreens and mountain soil greeted me. Having spent all my summers growing up in the yellow pine belt of the Sierra Nevada, this feels like home to me.


I do not always stop and smell the roses, though often I do. In today's situation I stopped and photographed most of the varieties of wildflower that we encountered.




L'ours en plein air


Jemez Falls

On the way back we stopped for hamburgers in Jemez Springs and, since it was a beautiful day in summer, topped it off with ice cream cones.

When it cools off a bit more I will return to the yard project.

--the BB

No comments: