Monday, January 14, 2008

Four more since yesterday morning!

I have to confess here that my physical flag collection only has one of these four flags: South Africa.  I got to meet a wonderful South African couple when we were having our trees trimmed (when I lived in the East Bay hills in California).  I chatted with them just after South Africa had its first elections with black citizens fully enfranchised.  The whole idea of a new South Africa emerging was so exciting I could hardly wait to get their new flag.  The other two African flags I have are Kenya and Zimbabwe.  I wonder if we will see visitors from there.

Hello to Singapore!  You know I keep looking for any ties to different countries, no matter how tenuous.  This blog does tout me as a world citizen, after all.  One of the great people I got to meet while a pastor in Oakland was a woman born in Singapore who later lived many years in Canada, then the Boston area, before coming to Oakland.  She gave me a great perspective of a lifelong Anglican who had lived in three countries and was a delightful musician.  Here's to you, Evelyn.

My ex has been to Budapest for a business trip but I, alas, have not.  I would dearly love to visit Eastern Europe and see Hungary and Bulgaria.

It's a joy to have visitors from around the world.  Welcome to you all!

Any guesses who might be next?
--the BB

4 comments:

Fran said...

Fabulous flag collection you have here! Whoo hoo!

I love that you have a commitment to this- it is your BB bridge to the world around you and amen to that.

What would a FIA comment be without a story?

Well I will not regale you with this one dear Paul and BB readers. However, one day Paul you may persuade me to tell you about my evening among the BB's (that would be Beautiful Boys) of Budapest in the summer of 1999. Oh my, what a night.

I know, what a Hungarian Flag Tease I am!

Budapest is quite a city and I know a very beautiful and kind man who lives there should you go. In all seriousness he makes an excellent local connection.

What will be next? I am enjoying your pursuits here!

Paul said...

I would love a summer among the beautiful boys of Budapest, Fran. When are we going?

June Butler said...

Paul, my most recent country was Latvia. Shall we begin trading countries like baseball cards? I need a Kazakistan.

I wasn't even keeping track, but now I have started because of your inspiration. What a gift to bloggers you are!

Paul said...

I was just copying Fr. Mickey. So we get to blame it on him! LOL.

It would love to see comments from foreign guests, though I am sure many are looking for something quite else from their online searches and click to my site, find it's not what they wanted, and move on. Still....

Building a worldwide community is pretty cool.