Thursday, January 17, 2008

Word from Rio

Jonathan (Mad Priest) got this news from Father Eduardo in Rio:
I had an motorcycle accident when I was going to my parish in city of god. A taxi was running away from police and they crash me in the midle of the street, it was very scare... Was kind of seeing the death face to face..., anyway... The death ran away from me at the moment, and I'm still alive, with some headaches, but alive.

There is more. You can read about the alligators at OCICBW. The Mad One even throws in a musical bonus from his incredible collection. (No, not that evil Christmas music.)

The Christmas Appeal has concluded but let's keep Eduardo, the Anglican Church of Cristo Rei, the children of Cidade de Deus, and Luiz in our prayers.

Photo via OCICBW

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Alligators?!?!

I thought that was Mimi's and my department, LOL.

johnieb said...

Never mind about the new pets you've be acquiring in your travels, my dear; as to the native human-gator interactions locally, I defer to my more informed sister in Jesus Mimi.

Twas but the ravenings of a delusional mind, to wit: Fr. Jon's Madhouse. Must be a real nice time to be in South Louisiana, I expect, unless you're out in it all the time, like soldiers.

I last left thereabouts the week after Thanksgiving, I think: 1966; I never wondered if I wuz bearing a grudge, but who knows?

Hell of a thing to have happen to a real nice place, by and large, one with which I am most proud to be in full communion.

May you Laissez le bon temps roulez: this year, in NOLA!