Friday, February 22, 2008

Heart thread - Friday 2/22-updated

I have put updates below but for those who do not scroll that far:

My brother-in-law Jack continues to receive blood transfusions and they want his heart rate and blood count to stabilize before surgery. I find this troubling since I don't see how the blood count can stabilize until surgery. Catch-22, but what I get is third-hand. Prayers definitely needed. He has received 14 units of blood since Sunday.

My friend's ex-husband King died last night (in Alabama). Prayers for him, his current wife, my friend (his ex, who lives here), their daughter and her family (from Toronto) would be lovely.

FranIAm has a prayer request up, with a chance to help, at her site.

Fr Jake has requests for prayer for fs, a member of the community that comments there.

We are also remembering Callum, MP's border collie, and his canine and human family. Lots of folks in various rough patches on blogsites that MP notes.

And we are still joyously celebrating the birth of Alcibiades' new son.

Update:
I continue to visit Through the Dust each day and offer prayer for Deacon Ormonde Plater who is going through chemo for leukemia. Don't know how he slipped my mind in the first draft of this. He posted an update today.

Update 2:
Good heavens! How could I forget Fran's ordeals in the house sale. Prayers needed there until the deal is done and final.
--the BB

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

((((Hugs)))), prayers, and love.

Fran said...

Prayers for all!

And much gratitude for your including me in this list - especially for little Kiara. Her uncle was quite moved by the number of responses from bloggers.

Prayers of peace, healing, consolation and restoration for all!

Paul said...

susan kay just sent this, re: King...

Paul -- prayers for those who mourn.

Susan

Episcopollyanna said...

Prayers for all. So sorry to hear about King. May he rest in peace.