Friday, June 20, 2008

Z'kor et-shabbat l'kadsho


I was blessedly reminded this evening that it is Shabbat. May you all know its peace and joy.

Alas, I shall violate it tomorrow, going in to work. In response to heavy lobbying, however, it will be another "take your daughters to work day." Jennifer keeps inquiring about the girls and is looking forward to meeting them and Deborah promised they can play in her cubicle for a while. I have just issued the paternal warning about trashing work areas. This drew giggles since my office at home is a shambles. It is so hard to be a parent when one's foibles are so transparent. Sigh.

For tonight, however, I got home before dark and cooked up some polenta with chicken (not pork!) sausage, roasted red peppers, onion, all deglazed with a splash of cabernet and a smaller splash of balsamic.

Memo to self: you really should have your recipe for microwave polenta handy before doing this again. Not a bad recovery, but....

Just took a sip of wine.

Blessed are you, Adonai Eloheinu, Sovereign of the Ages, who have made the fruit of the vine.

What, you expect me to type in Hebrew? I can recite it but these fingers can only do so much, nu?

The girls send their love to one and all.

Update: Oh, and don't forget to get laid. It's an important mitzvah.
--the BB

5 comments:

June Butler said...

Your meal sounds yummy, but I'm afraid you'll work yourself to death, love.

susan s. said...

Let me try this one more time!

Chicken Sausage??!!!!
In N'awlins??!!!
Oh, that's right, it's Shabbat!

So Shabbat Shalom, Y'all! (you and the girls)

Fran said...

Well Shabbat is passing, but I had a lovely one in New Jersey, at a wonderful Reform temple, both on Friday night and this morning.

Truly beautiful worship.

Love to all of you too!

As for your update, well I am not saying a word!

susankay said...

Get laid? giggle ... i'll work on it -- a mitzvah and he doesn't like dancing anyway. love to you, Paul. --and a great wonder: my stepson by my late husband is STILL SOBER and has said he will have dinner with us the next time we are in ABQ. God is good.

Paul said...

Wonderful news, Susankay! We rejoice with you.