Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Dinner

Well, actually it was planned as the inaugural feast of my new (modest) BBQ grill, a simple Weber for use with charcoal. The neighbors from across the street came and joined me, so the lady of the house got to eat without cooking or doing dishes. They are such nice people and it was fun to have them over. We ate lots but it was abstemious - no alcohol.

I, on the other hand, am now having a nice drinkie now that the dishes are in the dishwasher and the leftovers are put away. I will not be planting more as it cools off this evening, my body is too sore for more digging. Tomorrow, I hope. I still have the squash and some petunias to put in and today after church I stopped by the growers' market and came home with three penstemons and two heirloom tomato seedlings. I am now puzzling over where to put everthing, given that squash take lots of room.

It has been a good weekend, even without writing, yet a tiring one.

--the BB

2 comments:

Paul said...

Everything, not everthing, but I am not going to update for the type.

susankay said...

Or even the typo? Cute.