Friday, May 15, 2009

Shabbat shalom!


It is cooler today and I took advantage of it when I got home. Before the sun set (and thus before Shabbat), I ripped out two bare root trees that had done nothing and took advantage of their well-mulched locations to plant two Japanese eggplant and a zucchini. I also dug a long trench, amended soil, and planted five heirloom tomatoes. I have now watered all the new vegies. Tomorrow I will water the whole yard and, God willing and my body cooperating, plant the penstemon and petunias.

Right now I am sweaty but cooling down and the sun is about to set.

A blessed Shabbat to you all!

--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

My garden is sparse this year, another victim of the economic and time downturn in my life!!

Today I shall put in a few things however and all will be well! The rest will be vicarious gardening through you and others.