Thursday, May 14, 2009

Something's afoot


Following the selection of the regency council there have been discussions, rumors, and suspicious activity. I had great fun finishing up a chapter last night. The core of that chapter was a letter from a brother to his sister - mostly family chat with a touch of news carrying considerable political import.

I have since plotted another death, thought some more about a flashback scene, realized I left out some tidbits I'd like to reinsert in earlier passages, and wondered how evil are my villains, anyway, and in what ways? What are their redeeming qualities?

I find the juxtaposition of political movements and historical shifts on the one hand and simple domestic matters on the other quite fascinating. As ever, I know the chief players, the overall narrative arch, and the eventual outcome, but I have yet to learn how it all unfolds. Endless questions.

--the BB

No comments: