Sunday, August 02, 2009

Aruh hne n'Iswealdh ann lwaithre tosdach jelaigh


Israel Evicts More Than 50 Palestinians From East Jerusalem Homes
Voice of America - Robert Berger - ‎26 minutes ago‎
Israel evicted dozens of Palestinians from their homes in Jerusalem on Sunday. The move touches on one of the core issues of the Middle East conflict.
Israel condemned over evictions BBC News

The header is the refrain of a lament from one of the latter books of my series (of which only the first version circa 1973 and a portion of the revision/expansion so far exist). The cost of the will to power is devastating in this book yet to be written.

Alas, the Isenwild lies dead in ashes.

May it not be so.
May it not be so.
May it not be so.
Shantih. Shantih. Shantih.

--the BB

4 comments:

Fran said...

This makes me want to scream - makes me want to cry.

Paul said...

Fran, I worry that reading my blog is not good for your peace of mind. I publish such gritty stuff and you are so tenderhearted.

Hugs!!!!!

Fran said...

Oh Paul - I do not believe that comfort is the only way to love. I am not that tenderhearted. I think it all needs to be seen and heard and stared into in order to be diminished.

Paul said...

Very true. And I know you're not that fragile. We both have tender hearts and can be moved deeply. Part of being kindred spirits.

Have a fabulous week!