Saturday, August 08, 2009

Heart thread - 08/08/2009 - updated


David writes to his prayer partners, which is all of us.
writing this morning, i am so profoundly aware of what a vital and great blessing it is to have each and every one of you in my life, to be able to call on you & to commend each of these individual to your loving prayers and practice. so, I would ask prayers and practice for

1) my cousin Frank, still undergoing the debilitating effects of the imperfect genetic match of his therapy to beat lukemia; for my neighbor Robert, facing another round of raiotherapy for his lukemia
2) Jane, who this week exprienced both the first anniversary of the death of her 23 year old son Ian (heart attack) & a cancer diagnosis
3) Dorian (23 yo) showing symptoms of new damage by her MS
4) Jim and his family
5) Urs in Oftrignen Switzerland who is dealing with the effects of a pernicious MS diagnosis and who appears to have given up
6) Merline, who appears in real danger of losing her house before finding livable employment
7) the people of Congo (peace,justice & healing), Iran (freedom and justice) Somalia (peace, justice, healing)
8) Denise Jacques for a peaceful death
9) for the people of the 'developed world' as they struggle with the 'new ecconomic reality' which can no longer support such exaggerated inequalities and injustice
10) for livable employment: Anne-Chantal, Jane, Anne-Marie, Rhoda, Eleanor, David S., William, Lori, Susan, Shu Tan, Isabel, Dan, Steven, Dermit, myself.

with my heart-felt thanks,

David@Montreal
I want to underline the humble last item on his list: David, who holds so many other people in a web of prayer. I have gone without employment for long periods of time, I have almost lost my home on more than one occasion, I have struggled with the temptation to despair. May God uphold and sustain him, the holy angels guard and defend him, the Holy Spirit guide him, the light of Christ shine within and around him, friends love him, and may he have and find what he needs.

UPDATE:
My friend Tom's brother-in-law Bill has very late stage terminal cancer. I ask your prayers for grace-filled days and a peaceful death.

I would also ask for "moving graces" for a friend who needs to disentangle from one place to move to another and be with her honey full time. Life in transit gets tiring.


Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

--BCP

--the BB

3 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Amen, amen! Prayers ascending!

susankay said...

prayers

susan s. said...

Prayers rise.