Saturday, October 27, 2007

What, you thought I was some hairy tick?

Given that back when I was a Baptist and they did it with grape juice and thought nothing happened I still believed in the Real Presence, this should come as no surprise. I have been sacramental all my life (and no wonder I didn't last in a Protestant atmosphere).






Eucharistic theology
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Orthodox

You are Orthodox, worshiping the mystery of the Holy Trinity in the great liturgy whereby Jesus is present through the Spirit in a real yet mysterious way, a meal that is also a sacrifice.


Orthodox


100%

Calvin


75%

Luther


63%

Catholic


50%

Zwingli


13%

Unitarian


13%




I thank Tobias for pointing me toward this quiz. I see he is is more Catholic than I, which is not surprising. I could never quite swim the Tiber. If I should ever take a leap out of Anglicanism it would probably be all the way to Orthodoxy, since I am rather old-fashioned where the Italian Church gets all loosey-goosey or, more usually to the other extreme, loses humility and tries to over-define (and control) everything.

Even in my fantasy fiction the parallel "Christianity" is unabashedly Trinitarian though its soteriology is far more about mystical union than about rescue from sin.

Send your Holy Spirit upon us and upon these gifts....


--the BB

No comments: