Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stand by your blog vicar!-Updated

UPDATE:
As FranIAm put it, "He lives! Praise God. The flap is over and MP will continue to enlighten, enliven and occasionally annoy from OCICBW."

Mad Priest began today with this, much to our relief:
DIARY ENTRY: 24TH. JANUARY 2008
Okay, my friends. Panic over.

In fact, I feel a little disappointed. My ego has been dented. They had received only three ANONYMOUS complaints (I would have thought I was worth more than that). One about me putting swear words into Benny's mouth, one about the unnamed Bishop of Horsham and one about me saying that Muhammad had committed genocide and enslaved Jewish women and children and taken one Jewish teenager as his own concubine (which is out of the Islamic history books). To be honest they were more worried about me being blown up than they were about anything else. No conditions were placed on the continuation of the blog. I was given the facts and, obviously, I have to decide for myself how to proceed. That is a very adult and civilised way of doing things. I am fine with it.

On a personal note, the only thing I'm disappointed with is that they don't seem to be able to discern how a priest who is able to put together a blog like this could be used in the diocese - possibly in respect of some sort of emerging church project. It still looks like I'll be packed off to the middle of nowhere, to a church with a regular congregation of about 20 and no toilet (let alone a hall). To even get to the first stages of mission in such a place will take years of paperwork and money raising and I'm an ideas person not an accountant (not even an accountant who has ideas).

Anyway, enough about me - let the game continue.

POSTED BY MADPRIEST AT 9:59 AM





Our friend and online vicar, Jonathan (aka Mad Priest, as it flatters his ego), has put up a cryptic post. It seems related to church politics on his local level. Major prayer vigils going on. Hold him with love before God, my friends. He has gathered a global community of God's odd children, introduced us to each other, entertained us, provoked us, informed us, challenged us, driven us more than half crazy with terrible "Christmas" "music," and generally done a lot of Holy Ghost work on the internet. He has created a safe place to be lovingly, creatively, and passionately outrageous... and in the process to grow in grace.

THE LAST POST?
The agenda from my part is first and foremost just to keep in touch though I would like to talk about your internet work too.

Thursday 9.00 a.m.

Pray for the future of OCICBW...

POSTED BY MADPRIEST AT 11:57 PM
For those who Influence Public Opinion

Almighty God, you proclaim your truth in every age by many voices: Direct, in our time, we pray, those who speak where many listen and write what many read; that they may do their part in making the heart of this people wise, its mind sound, and its will righteous; to the honor of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

For those who suffer for the sake of Conscience
O God our Father, whose Son forgave his enemies while he was suffering shame and death: Strengthen those who suffer for the sake of conscience; when they are accused, save them from speaking in hate; when they are rejected, save them from bitterness; when they are imprisoned, save them from despair; and to us your servants, give grace to respect their witness and to discern the truth, that our society may be cleansed and strengthened. This we ask for the sake of Jesus Christ, our merciful and righteous Judge. Amen.

[Not that I wish to invoke images of prison but I do think the collect remains apt. OCICBW]
--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

He lives! Praise God. The flap is over and MP will continue to enlighten, enliven and occasionally annoy from OCICBW.

Nice post here. We were all worried.