Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jack!

¡Feliz Cumpleaños!
Tomorrow we celebrate the 92nd birthday of my "ex-father-in-law," Jack McGregor Lynn. Actually, we only use the "ex" label for my "ex" proper. So Jack is still my daddy-in-"law." Family still remains family and we don't stop loving folks just because one household is healthier as two households.

Aunt Mary and Uncle Billy will be here from Ballinger, Texas. I've only seen them once since the big reunion in Ballinger about 17 years ago (back when the nephews were 3 y.o.). It will also be the first time since then that I get to see most of the cousins. Don't think I'm ready to see how many years have passed in THEIR lives. (Me, well, the outside is aging but the inside resists mightily.)

Jack played golf as long as he could. At age 84 he went with all the family on a Grand Canyon rafting trip down the Colorado River. He remains engaged with the world, reading extensively on current affairs. I couldn't keep up with him on that if I tried.

Here's to Jack. May his mind stay alert (as it has done hitherto, quite impressively) and his body do what he wants it to.
Jack M. Lynn is the guy in the red shirt.
The rest (L to R): sons Bill and Bob, daughter Debbie, wife Lois.

No comments: