Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stewart calls Cheney's behavior into question

It is so refreshing to have a real journalist around, even if he is the "fake news" guy. (There is also the incomparable and gutsy Keith Olbermann, my absolute hero in American political discourse.)

Jon Stewart of The Daily Show has a few things to say about the Dark Lord (and I don't mean Tom Riddle; I speak of that vile thing that might have once been human who sits in the OVP).*

An interview with Stephen F. Hayes, columnist for The Weekly Standard and author of Cheney (the official biography).



(h/t to Hoffmania)
* Anything vile and insulting that I actually put in print concerning Dick Cheney or George W. Bush may safely be assumed as a charitable and restrained version of my actual opinions. It is only by act of faith and obedience to my baptismal vows that I can affirm that the image of God has not, like the Shekinah, fled the temple (Ezekiel 11). Their actions in undermining the Constitution they swore to uphold, weakening the United States, behaving in a blatantly illegal and immoral manner in instance after instance, and destroying our reputation abroad have long since stripped them of any respect normally due their high office. I yearn for the day they leave office and, frankly, would prefer it if they did so in handcuffs on their way to the Hague. [This isn't truth in labeling; I'm just getting if off my chest.]
--the BB

2 comments:

johnieb said...

Anything vile and insulting that I actually put in print concerning Dick Cheney or George W. Bush may safely be assumed as a charitable and restrained version of my actual opinions.

And it may be safely assumed that however vile and insulting anyone else's opinions may be, they are but a pale reflection of my own.

Nice line.

Paul said...

Thanks, johnieb.