Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pavlovsk - part 2

This is a glance out one of the windows toward the surrounding park. I love viewing, and taking, photos that lead me to wonder "what's out there?" Where does that path lead? What is around that corner? What is behind this door?

I could also have easily sat down and just stared out at this view for a good long time. Not permitted in tours, of course.
Next time you visit Home Depot, you might keep this in mind for a floor treatment:
Maria Feodorovna's canopy bed. Another decorating idea for the truly demanding adolescent daughter. She should feel like an empress sleeping under this. Though, if memory serves me right, the empress never did sleep in it. Which makes me wonder, where did she sleep then? Not that there was any shortage of rooms for her to choose from.
Again, IIRC, a photo of this place setting showed up in the Time-Life cook book series in the volume on Russia. I can almost taste the koulebiaka now. Yum. (It helps if one's best friend has made them on more than one occasion. Dayumn, that's fine eating!)
Russian birches.
I had to include these because I am a "tree mystic." I have always felt a bond with trees, from early childhood, though it is only in the last decade that I came up with a label for this.

No comments: