Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Episcopollyanna tempted me

Your Christmas is Most Like: A Charlie Brown Christmas

Each year, you really get into the spirit of Christmas.
Which is much more important to you than nifty presents.


Actually, during Advent I am fairly Grinch-like, but rather quietly jolly during the actual Twelve Days.

I have also not watched more than a minute of any Peanuts television shows (me dan asco) and try not to watch ANY Christmas shows on the telly. Midnight Mass with Gregorian chant is more my style (though that is an ideal I've only experienced on telly, not in real life). Then celebrating with dear friends. My favorite presents are alternative gifts or donations to good causes. Christmas music AFTER Dec 25 is awesome. I also try to stay out of all commercial establishments during December (quick in-and-out dashes into the supermarket when absolutely necessary).

Well, is today the day I bake jul limpa?

One on-line recipe for limpa (a sweet Swedish rye bread) here. (Link for illustrative purposes only; I've not tried this recipe.) It becomes Christmas limpa when one adds candied fruit.

More silliness ahead.
--the BB

No comments: