Monday, January 07, 2008

Le dix-huitième drapeau

Feestelijk inhalen

Quelque'un des Pays-Bas nous a visité aujourd'hui. Soyez le bienvenu!

[Of course I know French is not the language of the Netherlands but I have no facility in Dutch. Zip. Zero. Nada. OK, I can go adequately guttural when saying "guilders" in Dutch but that is the only word that stayed with me from the few hours I spent in Amsterdam some 29 years ago. Perhaps I can make amends with the House of Orange in prince blogging later this week.]
--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

What a tiny cute world it is... I too spent time in the Netherlands 29 years ago. I was with two friends, one of whom was the first out loud and very proud gay men I ever knew. Sadly he has gone to the Kingdom, but the world was a better place for his presence when here.