Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Heart thread - 4/2/2008 - Updates (2)


We have updates, all of which warrant ongoing prayers and good thoughts.

From Eileen (via OCICBW):
I'm doing ok. I went to the doctor for a follow up yesterday, to get my tape off my incision, etc. He says things look good, and that I am healing well.

Mentally, I'm so so. I'm mostly just glad to be alive. I'm partly sad that the baby is gone... and I'm partly feeling guilty that I feel relieved it's gone. It's a sort of mish-mosh womany thing, but there you have it.

I'm sleeping shittily...

(Husband) is being good to me. He just went back to work today, and his mom, my mom and the girls at work have been setting us up with meals, as (husband) isn't much of a cook, and I'm supposed to be a lump (which I am doing...I promise).

Thanks for caring...
Eileen

You may send her love directly at her blog.

From Freedom Bound (also via OCICBW):
HI folks,

Thanks so much - you really are fab!

we're doing ok - sorting 4 years of material stuff out etc. Hurts like hell, but as others have said it's better dealing with the pain together than just hurting each other.

I love you folk, and appreciate all this more than you can know. :-)

FB
xxx

From my chum Tad (via e-mail):
Many thanks for your prayers. I think I'm on the recovering side of things today. I see my doctor today and hopefully he will OK the treatment received from the docs in Texas. [I have since learned that his local doc did approve continuing the treatment begun in TX.]

I failed to note yesterday that it was the wedding anniversary of my sister Shirley and her husband Jack. He seems to be holding his own after the bleeding spell for which y'all were praying earlier.


UPDATE:
I just received an e-mail from my colleague Pamela in Oakland (who is recovering from her detached retina surgery, so thanks for your prayers on that).
I am writing to let you know that Roussel ... fell today about 5 pm in her driveway (while trying to carry up the recycling) and broke her right hip. Fortunately, she had LifeLine around her neck and an ambulance came quickly. I saw her this evening in the ER at Summit Hospital in Oakland. She was awake and was very alert though on morphine for the pain and was nauseous. The doctors plan to operate on her hip tomorrow.
Roussel is a very dear friend who turned 90 not that long ago. For many years she taught English literature at Mills College but I met her after her retirement and only know her as a very wise, loving, and prayerful woman.

UPDATE 2:
Caminante requests prayers for Naomi, Emilee, and Seth--three children afflicted with cancer.

For those we Love

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

--the BB

3 comments:

episcopalifem said...

Thank you Paul. And all of you...

Fran said...

Prayers for all needs- those spoken and unspoken, for healing, for restoration, for consolation, for peace.

Kirstin said...

Love and prayers for all.