Friday, August 22, 2008

Heart thread - 8/22/2008

I just received an update from my sister's niece's daughter:
Last night was her roughest yet, after sleeping for 12 hours straight, she awoke to excruciating pain that was extremely difficult to relieve.
...
Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for your outpouring of love and prayers for mom, they have meant the world to her, and will continue to bring strength to all of us.
Jan is being transferred to a hospice ward of a local hospital as pain management has become too difficult. I know you will help pray her, uphold her, love her into the Light.

I also learned this evening that my cousin Laura died of a heart attack on Tuesday. Two of her siblings have preceded her and I have lost five younger cousins over the years. We were not close, geographically or emotionally, but Laura was one of the few (four?) relatives who attended my ordination to the priesthood. I had not even known she was in Grace Cathedral that day. Later she wrote to say what a thrill it was to see her cousin stand at the altar to bless the congregation. I hope that now she knows that in feeling that and sharing it with me it is she who blessed me.

Into paradise may the angels lead you. At your coming may the martyrs receive you, and bring you into the holy city Jerusalem.

--the BB

No comments: