Sunday, June 07, 2009

If we never heard from her again....

... there would be less political pollution in the nation.

I write of Liz Cheney, of course.

I'm not suggested that she be rendered or have a forced laryngectomy, just that she have the decency to STFU.

Not that the Cheneys, père et fille, believe in decency, or the shared standards of civilization for that matter. You couldn't and still tout torture the way they do.

The Stephanie Miller Show had a nickname for Dana Perino when she was Dubya's press secretary: "the lying sack of cute."

Liz Cheney isn't even cute (pace her parents).


MSNBC had the sleaziest rationale for giving her air time, one that does not hold up at all. Turkana did a terrific parody of it.
“We often have repeat guests on, from both sides of the aisle, when they are interesting and engaging. There are many people who appear frequently throughout the day on MSNBC, and Liz is a great guest.”
--Alan Russo of MSNBC

If a producer is made available, perhaps he/she can explain why MSNBC thinks a guest who has consistently lied (without challenge, meaningful or otherwise) is "great." Or maybe explain why none of the anchors who have handed over their platform to her have asked where she got the classified information she talks about.
--BarbinMD

Dear MSNBC,

I love my dad. Can I be on TV?

Granted, my dad was never so incompetent as to allow the worst ever terrorist attack on U.S. soil. He never lied a nation into starting an illegal, immoral, and unnecessary war. He never authorized torture. Simply put: he isn't a war criminal. And he never shot anyone in the face. But he's a great guy, and has done a lot of public good. Which should count for something, shouldn't it?

I'm also a great guest. Ask anyone who has ever had me to a party or for dinner. I'm mostly polite, witty, and a charming conversationalist. I clean up after myself. I usually don't steal anything. And I know a little about politics. Granted, my dad never got me political jobs for which I had no apparent qualifications, but I'm still capable of stringing together coherent sentences, when discussing matters political. And although much of what I say is my opinion, when I do speak about verifiable facts, they do prove verifiable. I'm not a good liar. I hope that doesn't disqualify me!
--Turkana

I just don't need one more person whose words or visage enrage me toward apoplexy.

Yes, I know, my reactions are my responsibility. But really, what reason is there to give major exposure to someone who spouts disproved bullshit in support of torture? It's like saying there are two sides to the issue of serial killing.
It's postmodernism, the notion that there is no such thing as truth. There's only your version of events and my version and Charles' version and Harry's version, and the one that prevails will be that of whoever is the most powerful. This seems to fly in the face of the way scholarship has proceeded for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
--Lynn Cheney, Baby Dick's mama
Huh. Who knew?

Candorville recently speculated that Dick Cheney's secret undisclosed location in 2001-2008 turned out to be 2009.

Almighty God, you proclaim your truth in every age by many voices: Direct, in our time, we pray, those who speak where many listen and write what many read; that they may do their part in making the heart of this people wise, its mind sound, and its will righteous; to the honor of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
And fergawdsake, newsoids, challenge people when they lie on your airtime. Sheesh!

--the BB

1 comment:

June Butler said...

What appalls me more than her appearances is that the interviewers seldom call her on her lies. If they'd use her as a punching bag....

But then she'd never appear on their shows again, which would, indeed, be a very good thing.