Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The sun rose this morning

As I rather expected it would.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.

Oh, and the House of Bishops issued a compromise statement. As I thought they would. It affirms their shared ground but does not resolve their differences. As I figured it could not. The dissidents will not be satisfied because nothing could ever satisfy them. I have learned about that sort of dynamic on the parish level. Trying to meet the demands of some people is impossible. They are always holding out for something more (or something other but YOU have to guess what it is, they will never tell you and you will never get it).

Did I mention that the sun rose?

Peace and blessings all around.

Do something silly today. And something loving. And be nice to a stranger. Jesus will smile.
--the BB

2 comments:

June Butler said...

Paul, I did something nice yesterday. Does that count?

I added you to my blogroll, but I had one helluva time spelling your blog name.

Yes, life goes on. What happened was what I expected.

Paul said...

Ah, Grandmère, that was very nice of you indeed. Many thanks.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist being too clever by half. It stands for Byzantine-Indigenous-Buddhist-Episcopalian. That is probably obvious to clever grandmothers. It is also a reasonable reflection of my piety.