Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Saddles?

With the word "blazing" in the previous prayers one might reasonably conclude that I have a pyromaniacal piety. Close, but not quite.

In addition to my sense of a deep bond with trees I think I am also a light mystic. My fiction is replete with light mysticism, my image of God is radiant light unfolding in unending graciousness, and I happen to be a huge fan of color in all its variety and nuances.

I am devoted to the "glorious feasts" and the beatific vision of God's glory, plus all the moments when we have foretastes of
L'amor che muove il sole e l'altre stelle
The love that moves the sun and other stars

[Concluding line of Dante's Commedia]
--the BB

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

I think you're more than a "light" mystic, my friend.

I like the wordplay that implies, though. :-)