Saturday, December 08, 2007

CITY OF GOD APPEAL - DAY 9


I am a slum dweller,
I am also a child of God
--from "Convite para a vida" sung by Seu Jorge,
part of the City of God movie sound track (with chords here)
Image of Cidade de Deus from here

Here is our daily update from MadPriest at OCICBW:
$3954.11


The OCICBW... Community Christmas Appeal this year is raising money to help pay for the work being done by the Anglican Church of Christ the King in the City Of God district of Rio De Janeiro. Full details about the project and how to send your gifts can be found HERE.

Isn't this exciting? A bunch of wild and crazy bloggers joining together to make something good happen for kids in one of the poor and dangerous corners of the world. THIS is what being an Anglican Christian is all about, not who sleeps with whom. This is the Anglican Communion being what God calls it to be.

Keep it up, gang. No reason to stop at $5K, now, is there? Christmas is still two and a half weeks away. I wonder if we could hit $10K? Just sayin'.
--the BB

1 comment:

June Butler said...

Paul, I stole this illustration to post with my appeal for the City of God project. I hope that's OK. So sue me.