Monday, December 03, 2007

We don't call it theft if the money is really big

Emptywheel at The Next Hurrah, who is brilliant at tracking details, brings us a quick summary of some shady dealing in Florda. Jeb is the Bush boy the family thought would be president. Perhaps he's more qualified than I thought (by Bush family standards):
The possibility that Jeb presided over not one but two massive transfers of money from Florida's government coffers into the pockets of his friends raises the possibility he'll be remembered as more corrupt than his brother, Neil. I know it's a tough contest, trying to figure out which Bush brother is the most corrupt

Of course, it's chump change next to the national coffers being drained for the sake of W- and Cheney-favored corporations (war is bad for people and great for some businesses).
--the BB

3 comments:

June Butler said...

Paul, Babs and Poppie brought those Bush boys up right, didn't they? How proud they must be of their offspring.

Have you looked into the $18 billion of my money and your money that has disappeared in Iraq, huge transfers of money that go who knows where? I started to, but I lost heart. It's too much.

Paul said...

Although I don't keep a little list (it would actually have to be very long) of all the theft and corruption involved, I do spend hours each day reading political news. The lack of accountability and control is staggering. To think that $9bn of cash was shipped to Iraq in pallets and just vanished is frightening. And it's ongoing, of course.

The Bush Walker clan is one bunch of sick puppies and the damage they have inflicted on the world is considerable. They are criminals: organized, corrupt, and wreaking evil for profit. If I type one more sentence I will go beyond the bounds, so I'm stopping here.

johnieb said...

They're a Marxist cliche.