Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sanctified fornicating feces! (HFS for short)

AUSTIN (AP) — The state's director of science curriculum said she resigned this month under pressure from officials who felt she gave the appearance of criticizing the instruction of intelligent design. [USA Today]

Well, that's the state of science instruction in Texas. Now, can we please give Texas back to Mexico?

Wait, I like Mexico.

I have it! Let's give Texas to Greg Venables, the English primate of the Southern Cone. They'd get along famously. If oil reserves run low the remaining 49 United States could periodically invade and occupy the former state and steal the oil, but we wouldn't have to claim Texas or really do anything for it (how's that Iraqi infrastructure doing these days?).

To borrow my mama's phrasing: How can people be so stupid and live?

h/t to John Aravosis at Americablog

UPDATE: In my haste I forgot to mention the amnesty period when sane persons would be allowed to leave Texas before it becomes part of the Southern Cone. Giving them a chance is the only humane thing to do. I'm estimating it at about 3.7 per cent of Texans. Given the population of Texas that's still a lot of fine people and I don't want to tar them with the same brush. I love me some Texans, but they are clearly a minority. And the Crawford "ranch" goes complete with W. He's part of the deal. Good luck, Greg!
--the BB

5 comments:

Kirstin said...

What the holy hell? Grrrr.

Fran said...

This is rich- really rich.

And clearly- as the already old joke tells us, sure signs that intelligent design can't be working.

Episcopollyanna said...

My husband's from Texas. His family lives in Montgomery County, just north of Houston. They don't even have an organized Democratic Party, or at least no Democrats ever ran for office there.

"Sex ed" consisted of: "Don't have sex before marriage." (Shocker: Texas leads the nation in teen births.)

There are a lot of nice people there, and I feel like I have to defend Texas a lot because of my in-laws, but when I read crap like this, it makes my brain hurt.

Paul said...

Yes, Polly, there are wonderful Texans, and I am blessed to know some. May we mention Saint Molly Ivins in the list? (Oh, Molly, pray for us, send us strength and common sense, and have a longneck with Jesus for us all.) It's just a pity they have to live amid the rest.

And W's not a Texan, he just pretends to be, so I am NOT blaming Texas for him. Just to be clear. Well, not for his existence, though certainly for electing him governor. But since he aligns himself there....

June Butler said...

Sometimes I despair of my own State of Louisiana, but, I'm proud to say that the infamous Barbara Forrest, whom Comer mentions in the email, teaches at Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, La.