Wednesday, November 19, 2008

May they rest in peace - Updated


Latest Coalition Fatalities in Iraq

11/18/08
DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
Cpl. Aaron M. Allen, 24, of Buellton, Calif., died Nov. 14 while supporting combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 4th Marines, 1st Marine Division, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

11/17/08
DoD Identifies Army Casualties (2 of 2)


Chief Warrant Officer Christian P. Humphreys, 28, of Fallon, Nev. He was assigned to the 6th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment, Task Force 49, U.S. Army Alaska, Fort Wainwright, Alaska.

I served with Chris for two years while he was a crew chief with the Search and Rescue Team aboard Naval Air Station Fallon, NV. He was always a pleasure to fly and work with. It seemed like he was never in a bad mood and could always be counted on during the most demanding missions. America has lost one of her best. Christina, I am so sorry to hear about this. You are in the thoughts and prayers of the entire Longhorn Team.

His wife left this beautiful message:

Rest in a better place my dear. You are the love of my life, my missing piece, my best friend, and my hero. I love you more than words can say. The world will never be completely at peace knowing you are gone. Save a spot for me and keep it warm, I'll see you when it's meant to be.


11/17/08
DoD Identifies Army Casualties (1 of 2)

Chief Warrant Officer Donald V. Clark, 37, of Memphis, Tenn. He was assigned to the 6th Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment, Task Force 49, U.S. Army Alaska, Fort Wainwright, Alaska.

His sister-in-law left this touching message:

Don was a wonderful brother in law to me and an even better husband and father to my sister and their children. He will be greatly missed in our family but I know he's looking down over all of us.


Source

Photos and indented passages from IGTNT

O God, whose mercies cannot be numbered: Accept our prayers on behalf of your servants, and grant them an entrance into the land of light and joy, in the fellowship of your saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

No comments: