Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blame my friend Kathy

We all seem to be in need of lighter fare these days, or at least the blogs I read show symptoms of it. In anticipation of Gaudete Sunday....

I know, it's Advent and this crêche is in full Epiphany mode. We've been dealing with disjointed cultural and religious trappings since the day after Hallowe'en. Y'all are big kids and can cope. Photo courtesy of THE FROG BLOG OF LOUIS LA VACHE.

Kathy sent this to me this morning:
It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco . The pastor of the church was looking over the crèche when he noticed that the baby Jesus was missing from among the figures. He hurried outside and saw a little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the little infant Jesus.

So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get your passenger, my fine friend?"

The little boy replied, "I got Him at church."

"And why did you take Him?"

The boy explained, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told Him if He would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give Him a ride around the block in it."

We now return you to your regular Advent programming.
--the BB

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Good-cute. :-)

susan s. said...

I remember this story from Dragnet! Of course it happened in Los Angeles on Dragnet, but you should see Joe Friday and his partner trying to figure it out! Loved the story when I was a kid and it still do!

Paul said...

susan s., how cool! A source. Thanks.

It is a great story. I must admit, as it came to me San Francisco made no sense. One would have to take the wagon up and down all those hills, even going around one block.

June Butler said...

Paul, what a sweet story. I love it. It's a palate cleanser from the post just above.

Yes, we torture, and yes some in our leadership and some ordinary folk think it's cool, because IT WORKS! Except, that it doesn't really, and the leaders who may not think it's cool won't do anything to stop it. And we don't either. We're waiting for the Democrats to save us after the next election, but why would we think that such timid, scared folks will save us?