Tuesday, December 11, 2007

City of God Appeal - Day 12

Maddie informs us at OCICBW that we've reached:
$4529.83

Which is rather good.

The OCICBW... Community Christmas Appeal this year is raising money to help pay for the work being done by the Anglican Church of Christ the King in the City Of God district of Rio De Janeiro. Full details about the project and how to send your gifts can be found HERE.
Frank provides a translation for the stateside crew:
$4,529.83
"Which is rather good."

American translation: MP is extremely pleased
Or, as David puts it:
British "Which is rather good" = American "OMFG! We rawk!" ;->
That Kaeton Woman, who is the US coordinator of the project says:
WOW!

Keep those cheques coming!

I'm just relieved people are continuing to contribute despite the wretched Christmas music MadPriest keeps subjecting us to. I don't know about you, but the latest version of 'Jingle Bells' on steel drums just about did me in.

Go on over to his site and make your contribution. "Contribute early and often," I always say. Just stay away from the Christmas music. You've been warned.

And it's true: you have been warned. Avoid MP's Christmas music at all costs. It will eat away at you body and soul, rot your brain, and give you cooties.

Now, click on over and donate. I say $10,000.00 by Epiphany.

UPDATE: I just put in my second pittance, assuming that final paycheck hit my account. Every little bit counts, so don't be shy. It all adds up.
--the BB

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

My friend, what have you got against goldfish?

[running]