Saturday, December 15, 2007

Non-technical difficulties

Frost on Grass
Photo taken on the morning of the
Feast of St John the Evangelist 2003


Ladies and gentlemen and the rest of you lot [I've been reading too much of Maddie]:

We regret to announce that our regularly scheduled Friday Prince Blogging did not take place yesterday. This, no doubt, will have a devastating effect upon our Nielsens, but there you have it.

The program offered in its place, Archbishop Blogging, was clearly too much like "reality" television. Our board of directors deeply regret this instance of poor judgment and the marketing vice president has been given notice.

We apologize to our loyal viewers and trust they will bear with us during this awkward time. Friday Prince Blogging will return at its regular time next week, God willing and the Rio Grande don't rise.

We thank you for your continued loyalty.

Please accept our best wishes for a joyous and blessed holiday-of-your-choice season.
--the Management

4 comments:

Jane R said...

Well, thank Godde for that.

I must say that The Current Unpleasantness looks very small from here -- though it doesn't loom that large in the local parish and diocesan scene in our little neck of the woods back home.

I am thinking of going to liturgy at the local C of E place tomorrow -- that is the Anglican option here in the land of many former empires -- and we shall see if my perceptions are correct. Well, they are correct in that most folks here in Istanbul barely know what an Anglican is.

Then again, when in New Rome, I may do as the inhabitants of the New Rome do -or did- and take myself to the Ecumenical Patriarchate for Divine Liturgy.

Or both: Anglicans in the a.m. for Eucharist and whatever they have at St. George's in the evening. Brunch in the middle of course - the great secular unifier.

Oddly displaced here, enjoying it and wanting even more space and time to ponder the meetings and crossings of culture. (Did a bit of that on blog a night or two ago, just a bit, after my afternoon with some of the local Sufis.)

Bring back the princes. One look at this evening's news from the Department of Justice et al. makes me want to read royalty gossip exclusively. But this is no time to bury our heads in the sand. So keep up the princes AND the Constitution blogging. Your fans thank you for both your aesthetics and your politics, and most of all for your incarnational spirituality. Bless you, dear brother.

And now I must go correct a stack of papers -- yes, I had to bring them along, grades are due Monday first thing.

Paul said...

Contessa cara, I have enjoyed your travel writing very much and look forward to further debriefing. Yes, papers are part of the messy necessities of life, so best wishes with reading and grading. It is nice to know one has the capacity to worship in many modes and settings. I look forward to reports on whatever form that takes. Journey blessings!

Fran said...

Hmmm... the NIelsens. I know someone who works there, or will until 12/31/07 that is. And she spent many a day and night in Albuquerque from 1998-2000 on behalf of that esteemed organization.

Today she fills her days with the posts being put up on her blog and wondering what the Lord has in store for her.

The Prince Blogging was not missed by me as I was in LA with the Queens.

Oh dear. Did I say that?

Signed,
Once a counter of eyeballs but now a fisher of.... something

Paul said...

My, what a checkered past, FranThouArt.

Since you were with Their Angelic Majesties you were not in need of other goodlooking royalty. Though they might appreciate prince blogging. Just a guess.

I used to commute daily through Los Feliz on my way to work, many years ago. That and Silverlake are a nice part of town. And the denizens ain't shabby either. Glad you could get away for festivities (bless them!) and glad you're back. I look forward to all manner of stories when you've caught your breath.