Friday, March 14, 2008

Heart thread - 3/14/2008 - updated


Fr. Jake's step-mother died Thursday night.

Mark I is in deep despair following an accident.

Lynn asked for prayers on a thread (yesterday?) and I cannot recall any details but someone she cares about is in need of prayer (and God knows who).

KJ's sister Karen and her family still need prayers:
Thank you also for the continued prayers for Karen. Chemo 1 is done, and she's learning to adjust the expectations of herself. Moms don't have time for this!
Pastor Diane is battling the flu just as she heads into Holy Week.

Susankay put in a request at OCICBW:
Prayers, please for my friend Jon and his wife Janice. Jon is a many-decades paraplegic with a great zest for life who just returned home after 3 months in the hospital with operations, skin grafts etc for very serious bed sores and infection. Just found out they took him back to the hospital this afternoon with a new sore and infection. His body can't take much more of this and their emotions are pretty ragged too.
For the dioceses of San Joaquin, Fort Worth, Pittsburgh, Quincy, et al. For the Standing Committee of Rio Grande.

Deacon Ormonde is still in the process of chemo.

My brother-in-law Jack seems to be doing OK at home though he cannot do as much as he used to for my sister Shirley.

My friend Lin sent out an e-mail Thursday:
Please say a special prayer for Patty – a friend who is having surgery for breast cancer today.
I know I'm forgetting a bunch. Perhaps we need a category: "miscellaneous known to God."

For Presiding Bishop Katherine.

There are the world's woes, of course, skimmed in the world watch posts.

But there are also thanksgivings!

For the Lovely Mona's birthday on Thursday.

For Kirstin recovering her energy and alertness and for me getting over bronchitis (yay!).

For the excitement spreading through the people in the Diocese of San Joaquin as they approach their Special Convention.

For passage of a FISA bill in the House today that does not include telcomm immunity.

For the coming of spring (at least in the northern hemisphere, my frame of reference, though I know it's not the only one).

OK, my friends, bedtime for me.

Shalom, Salaam, Мир, ειρηνη, Paz, Friede, Paix, Pax, Peace!

Update (Saturday afternoon):
The Cunning Runt is suffering the febrile crud (Cruddus febrilis shootmenowii).
--the BB

4 comments:

Fran said...

Peace, healing and prayers for all.

God bless you for doing this.

Kirstin said...

Thank you so much for these threads.

Jane R said...

Perhaps we need a category: "miscellaneous known to God."

Yes, great idea.

Thanks for your updates on this and on the needs of the world. I thank Godde for the time you have and take to perform this ministry. (I know this time is a byproduct of, ahem, partial employment, so I also pray that you will continue to have a roof over your head and food on the table and health insurance!)

Paul said...

Thank you, Jane. Those are my very concerns and anxieties, though I do not list them here formally.