Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm back

My apologies for the abrupt hiatus here, folks.  My computer began to misbehave again last night and so I had to take it back to hospital.  We have a diagnosis: bad memory stick.

The stick has been removed and they chastised it severely for its bad behavior.  A new and, we trust, faithful and obedient memory stick has been ordered.  In the meantime I can function with reduced active memory.

This is good since I have a Powerpoint presentation to finish for Sunday afternoon (Roman history).

I will try to do some catching up on today but make no promised.  I hereby grant myself a dispensation from Thursday Constitution Blogging and Lenten Reflection.  If I get to them, fine.  But I have not even read today's political news yet, much yet all the latest church dirt.

--the BB 

5 comments:

Jane R said...

Ego te absolvo, and so does everyone else. Now you have multiple absolutions! And MadPriest thinks he's got it all sewn up with his days off from Purgatory (Romish Doctrine, a fond thing and vainly invented, Article XXII) for making up photo caption.

Take all the blog break you need. Sabbath time (even outside the Sabbath) is good. God said so.

Paul said...

Dear Jane,

Abundant grace. During Lent. What a concept!

Thanks. I feel so much better.

I feel competent to grant myself dispensations from time to time but auto-absolution smacks too much of self-indulgence, so to speak.

A very fond thing indeed.

June Butler said...

Welcome back, Paul. You do work your memory stick very hard. Oops! Does that sound naughty? I didn't mean it that way.

I can function with reduced active memory.

Yes, you do quite well. One hardly notices.

Paul said...

Mimi, you are very naughty. A wicked as a misbehaving memory stick, I dare say.

Since my own mother said I would lose my head if it weren't attached (back when I was a teenager), I doubt anyone would notice that I operate on reduced memory.

Fran said...

Mimi!!

I was not really around much yesterday so I missed this. Your poor computer has been sick a lot!!

Be well and keep that computer happy.

And YOU too!!

Fran