Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm OK


I've just been too tired to blog the past couple of days. Gonna head to bed now.

As for prayers....

My coworker Delores' father died suddenly today.

My "cousin" Jan continues her journey to eternity.

Kirstin copes with interferon treatment.

Ormonde finished his round of chemo for leukemia.

Some folks I know have been laid off.

Our mission vicar's aunt Susan died in the past week.

My friend Karen's friend Sandra was just diagnosed with stage-four lung cancer.

Jonathan has not returned from vacation - whether he's having the time of his life or going through challenges, send the love.

Mimi has lovely flower photos.

Y'all have a blessed summer.



Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

8 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

prayers for all, including you. take care of yourself.

Paul said...

Thanks, Diane.

Fran said...

Love and prayers for all. Your work here - with prayers, compassion, cries, lamentations and love on this blog moves my heart every day.

susankay said...

Paul -- indeed, prayers. Be well.

Jane R said...

We love you, Padre Pablito!

+Maya (Jane R is offline due to a computer crash)

Padre Mickey said...

I'm praying for you, tired guy!

Paul said...

Thanks so much, y'all. I get by with a lot of love from my friends.

I almost got 8 hours sleep last night (hooray!) though someone observed that my eyes looked tired today. I feel much better, actually, though the evening is still young (relatively speaking). I've had some compliments on my work, which makes an old codger feel good. Frankly, I can run circles around most of the youngsters when it comes to electronic spreadsheets. Pity that the folks with permanent jobs to offer don't even want to look at someone who does not have a degree in accounting (but has done it for over two decades, including at the managerial level).

Aunt Jennifer invited the girls to come in to work tomorrow but I vetoed it. Weekends are OK, but a weekday is just too tense and toxic for my children. Yes, I am a protective dad (and if I ever feel avuncular toward you, I will be protective about you too). I would not be surprised if the girls then spend the weekend with Aunt Jennifer though. Girls gotta have a night (or weekend) out, after all. [Dad is trying not to imagine police reports.]


Hey, prayers for Jane R too. Seems Maya Pavlova has had to take over for her, and aren't you the sweetest cat around?

Kirstin said...

Prayers for all.