Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sabbath in spite of myself

I usually fall asleep so fast I barely get past the Lord's Prayer and remembering people before God when I am deep in snoresville.  Not so easy last night and I woke well before the alarm.  I was totally wiped out when I got up this morning.  Perhaps it was the intercessions of all those nurses, but I had the good sense to give the keys to a carpool buddy and stay home.  I crawled back into the rack and slept until 11 a.m.  I then arose and had a big plate of scrambled eggs with toast and orange juice (part of this complete breakfast!).

Because I have commitments to accomplish certain things, this means I will be working on Sunday instead.  As I commented in another thread elsewhere, I am sure Godde, who wants me to be healthy, understands.  Later this afternoon I am going to take a long walk in this neighborhood but first I have to let the daily thunderstorm do its thing.  I just heard a long, deep rumble and believe I can hear rain falling.

And that's the news from River Ridge.
--the BB

No comments: