Monday, October 13, 2008

Glimpses of the devastatiion and rebuilding

Boarded up with open windows
This building was boarded up after Katrina; Gustav removed the front wall.

We commute by it each morning; it was days after I had returned from my road trip before that wall was removed from the street.


Reconstruction next door to St Anna's


Awaiting renovation. Lots of greenery growing on the roof to the right.


Still needing work

I have more photos and hope to take some more. Almost all of New Orleans consists of new building, renovations, and abandoned, deteriorating structures like this. The side-by-side contrasts are staggering. There is so much work still to be done to bring this city fully back to life.

As I have said before, I admire and respect the people of Greater New Orleans.
--the BB

No comments: