Friday, October 17, 2008

Good News and Bad News


This morning I slept in and have been reading online (as usual) and taking it easy. I paid a bill online. Generally just chilling. Then came two serious tasks.

I got on the scales. I have been doing lots of boredom, anxiety, reflexive eating in the past few weeks. This has taken its toll. Up three pounds. That's the bad news.

I also walked across the street to the mailbox. My absentee ballot was waiting for me. I just opened it up and looked at it. Today I am going to vote. That's the good news. It far outweighs, so to speak, the bad news. I will vote to restore law, responsibility, and the well-being of the people to the White House. w00t!

Back to more carrots and less candy (the latter being supplied in abundance at work).

Today is also Martin Heinrich's 37th birthday. He is fighting hard to be the DEM Representative from NM-01. I just contributed $137 to help make that happen. I can't believe how much money I am pouring into that campaign but I really, really want a good, green Dem representing me in Congress (no more Heather Wilson years and I pray no Darren White years either).

More bills to pay but my political contributions this election cycle have all been a joy.

Especially after listening to a vicious McCain-Palin ad on the radio (our progressive station, in the midst of the Ed Schultz Show, no less), an ad full of craptastic distortions that disguise the truth. I really want to see these dangerous persons defeated. Crushingly. By a margin so wide that no one can steal the election.


Happy Friday, y'all!
--the BB

2 comments:

Fran said...

"...an ad full of craptastic distortions that disguise the truth."

Your words match my own... my hope, my dream, my wish, my mantra, my intention.

Paul said...

Fran, I hope that is without the extra three pounds.

Keep on fighting, my friend, for a better day.