Monday, October 13, 2008

REASON ENOUGH TO VOTE RIGHT THERE


The Court House Administration Office at 2700 Tulane Avenue has some great inscriptions on it. I shot this one while stopped at the light at Broad Street recently. I really wanted a memento of this sentiment as carved there in stone.


' I will close Guantanamo. I will restore habeas corpus. And we will end torture and rendition because you will have elected a president who has taught the Constitution and believes in the Constitution and will obey the Constitution of the United States of America." -- Barack Obama, February 27 2008.'

Given that this is so central to my concerns about national politics and the current state of the nation, this one statement by Senator Obama would be all the reason I would need to vote for him.

I want my country back.
--the BB

No comments: