Friday, October 24, 2008

A new generation of Democrats



h/t to, well, Scott Kleeb

Scott Kleeb's 10 Commitments to Serve Nebraska

As a member of the U.S. Senate:

• I will not vote for any new spending unless there is a specific way to pay for it.
• I will not accept Senate health care until all Nebraskans have access to health care.
• I will not accept a pay raise unless the budget is balanced.
• My first bill will be the "American Jobs & Energy Act," which will end tax breaks for companies that move jobs overseas and use the savings to create renewable energy jobs here in Nebraska.
• I will not take junkets or gifts from lobbyists.
• I will publish a list of all targeted projects I support, and put it on the internet.
• I will publish my entire schedule on the internet and not conduct any secret, closed door meetings.
• I will publish an Annual Accountability Report and conduct an annual independent audit of my Senate Office, just like businesses do.
• I will host an "Ask the Senator" online meeting every three months.
• My wife and I will keep our family right here in Hastings, Nebraska and our two little girls will attend public school here.


--the BB

[PS: Jane and +Maya, if you two like men in jeans.... enjoy.)

No comments: