Monday, May 04, 2009

A little taste of Eden before bedtime


The two photos here - the bearded iris above and the fountain in the walled garden below - are clearly not of my place. They are where I spent yesterday afternoon and evening. Actually, in the late afternoon I was sitting outside watching the fountain and very much enjoying my libation.

The family photo is fine for family enjoyment but not crisp enough for publication here, so I will spare us all.



We watched several species of birds, including a roadrunner running along the top of the wall shown here.

Today on the way home I picked up two kinds of tomatoes, two kinds of squash, a serrano chile, and green beans that I hope to plant in a few days. It is finally warm enough to risk planting them. My friend Bill will keep an eye out for Japanese eggplant at the nursery in his neck of the woods. I am not trying as many different vegetables as I did two years ago. I suspect these will be more than enough to keeep me busy, along with the roses, vines, and fruit trees.

When I got home and was unloading the car I saw a lovely lizard in my driveway. Tiny little thing with lovely subtle colors, extremely muted shades of rose pink and indigo mingled with lots of subtle grays.

Y'all know what to do with the prayer requests at OCICBW and Wounded Bird.

And now to bed. Sweet dreams, my frisky lizards.
--the BB

1 comment:

Fran said...

Aaahhhhhh... For me it was a taste of Eden upon arising.

Lovely spot!