Thursday, September 18, 2008

Interview over

CNN reports on Governor Palin's first town hall meeting:
Asked for "specific skills" she could cite to rebut critics who question her grasp of international affairs, she replied, "I am prepared."

"I have that confidence. I have that readiness," Palin said. "And if you want specifics with specific policies or countries, you can go ahead and ask me. You can play 'stump the candidate' if you want to. But we are ready to serve."

As job interviews go, I'd say this one ended right there. One must be prepared to name specifics. All she did was dodge the question.

h/t to PLU Tim at Daily Kos
--the BB

4 comments:

Fran said...

Um, you mean she's not ready?

She can see Russia from her house or something.

Can you?

Oh wait, you are already in a foreign country. (I recall that as being the snark of your state, just how many Americans thought that Nuevo Mexico was a foreign place.)

susan s. said...

Oh Yea, she has the confidence to say I am prepared. What the hell kind of answer is that? And of course her hero McWorse jumps in and defends her to hide the fact that not only is she unprepared, he himself has no real plan. They are a pair. I wouldn't hire either to empty my slop jar!

susankay said...

And actually that WAS her last comment of her "town hall meeting".
No danger of any specifics after she left the room.

Paul said...

Fran, even New Mexicans consider it a third-world country. As Bill puts it, New Mexico is where corruption meets incompetence. And everything takes forever.

Sure beats living in the craziness of my native state, though.