Friday, June 19, 2009

Add your name?


All right, the text below is lifted from the web site. I would not go so far as to say that the "new reform legislation ... will make quality health care available and affordable for all Americans." But I will let Durbin, Leahy, and Schumer tout their work.

My concern is that we not let public option be omitted. If this will help, I am all for it. So I added my name immediately.

Dear Friend,

With nearly 50 million Americans lacking health insurance, and premiums rapidly rising, it's time to address the health care crisis in our country. All Americans deserve access to affordable, quality health care -- and today, nearly one-in-six of us don't have it.

This month, Congress is working on new reform legislation that will make quality health care available and affordable for all Americans. In particular, Senators Dick Durbin, Patrick Leahy, and Chuck Schumer are working for a public health insurance option that would foster greater competition in the marketplace, create more choices for consumers, and lead to lower costs and better quality.

Please join me in supporting their work to pass strong health care reform legislation this year by signing the online petition.
Last night I had a hint of a sore throat. Definitely had one this morning, so I called in. Have had four glasses of liquid in the last four hours. Going downstairs for more, plus another 1000mg of vitamin C. My job is staffing phones 8 hours a day on a help desk and I should definitely not be talking all day long (or sharing whatever I might have). Blogging may well be heavier today.



Quote from Howard Zinn (h/t to Jane R)

--the BB

2 comments:

June Butler said...

All right. I done did what you said.

Prayers for your sore throat, and I dedicated my latest post to you to help you feel better. ;o)

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

What Mimi said!