Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Queer bears do not like being thrown under the bus


This DOMA crap... j'en ai marre. The President can kiss every queer donation of mine goodbye unless he backpedals, fast and hard. To do nothing, given all the major issues he faces, is one thing. For his people to take gratuitously vile action is inexcusable.

I hereby retire my Obama T-shirt and sweatshirt.

This does not mean I have given up on him or turned on him, but I will NOT support him with cash or campaigning energy. He is still doing a LOT of very good and very difficult things to turn this nation around and restore our standing in the world, after an incredibly damaging and ignominious reign of lawless thugs. Nonetheless, I intend to hold him accountable on torture, on FISA, on equal rights for all citizens, and many other things. I am not a happy camper.

Btw, I'd love to bitch slap AG Holder for giving up without a fight on telcom immunity. There's another major growl!

What I'd like to do to the Dems in Congress who are NOT putting a public option on the healthcare table is a lot worse than bitch slap. [Retire them yesterday and put in some real Dems with spines who are not owned lock, stock, and barrel by the insurance industry?]
--the BB

3 comments:

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

Just about sums it up!

June Butler said...

Let's form a gauntlet for the Congress critters to run through as we bitch slap them or worse.

My WV is outfork. It's a sign. We can outfork them as they run the gauntlet.

Paul said...

Mimi, between your outfork and my pitchfork we can give them a lesson they will not soon forget.